Learning to drive and having to pass a test naturally causes increased stress. Having a mental health need can make the thought of succeeding seem impossible, but the right support from an instructor who understands your need can make all the difference.
I understand that each student’s need is different, so I work with the individual to understand how their condition affects them, what triggers stress and anxiety for them and how best to support them in achieving their goal. I have worked with students with a wide range of mental health issues, including:
· Anxiety and panic attacks
· Anxiety Depressive disorders
· Bipolar Disorder
· Low self esteem
Access Driving also provides support to drivers who already hold a licence and who may be anxious upon returning to driving after a period away from the wheel, or who have a particular fear of driving in certain conditions, such as at night or on motorways.
Access Driving provides:
· A safe and non-judgmental environment to learn and gain confidence;
· Specialist driving lessons, with understanding of the student’s need, to help them learn how to be a safe driver and pass their driving test;
· Tailored support before and during the testing process, in both theory and practical tests;
· Tailored post-test help and support, if needed, to get you driving confidently in your own car.
To arrange a free teaching consultation, looking at the best solution for your need